Neighbor To Neighbor
Sponsored by Northern Wasco Co. PUD
Northern Wasco Co. PUD
Neighbor to Neighbor
2345 River Road
The Dalles, OR 97058
Northern Wasco County People’s Utility District is a “not-for-profit” customer-owned utility. The Neighbor to Neighbor Program offers year around assistance to help pay security deposits and delinquent electric bills.
– PROGRAM OVERVIEW –
• The Neighbor to Neighbor Program has been in existence since 1990. Through donations from caring customers, employees and our PUD match approved by the Board of Directors the Neighbor to Neighbor Program has raised $9,152 in the last 12 months.
• Anytime a security deposit was paid from Neighbor to Neighbor funds and is refunded back to a customer – that money paid out goes back to the Neighbor to Neighbor fund to be used again by another PUD customer in need. Over the last 12 months over $1,011 was returned to be used again. It’s like a gift that keeps on giving!
• Neighbor to Neighbor is not a welfare program. It is for emergency situations and disbursed on a case by case basis—one donation per eligible household up to $125 in a 12 month period.
• 100% of funds collected are disbursed by Mid-Columbia Community Action Council, who determines and verifies low-income eligibility to the households in our community who “fall through the cracks”. All funds collected stay right here in our community.
• Donations can be either a one-time cash donation, or PUD customers can sign up to have an amount added to their PUD bill each month. A small donation when combined with others means a million to the family who is faced with financial crisis.
• Everyone wins—donations qualify as a charitable contribution and the less fortunate receive help when it’s most needed.
– GIVING OPPORTUNITIES –
Past and Future Fund Raising Events Include
Bird Feeder Raffle
Christmas Tree Raffle — Tickets are sold during October, November and December.
Christmas Wreath Raffle — Tickets are sold during October and November.
Donations — Donations are received throughout the year from community members and employees.