Hood River Valley Adult Center (Hood River Senior Citizens, Inc.)
Sponsored by Mercado Guadalajara
2010 Sterling Place
Hood River, OR 97031
To serve the needs of Hood River adults & seniors with support for their independence; focusing attention on their socialization, health, nutrition and overall well-being.
Our goal is to provide opportunities for the educational, physical, recreational, social, and cultural development of senior adults in our community.
We offer a broad spectrum of opportunities: Social settings, Lunch 5 days a week, Friday Music & Dancing, Wii Games, Puzzles, Mexican Train Dominoes, Bridge and other card games of interest. Exercise classes including: Zumba Gold, Tai Chi, and Beginning Balance & Strength Exercise.
We also have WiFi available. We also have a rotating Medical Equipment lending closet. Our Center provides a meeting place for many groups in the county.
– PROGRAM OVERVIEW –
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity, in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA (not all bases apply to all programs). Remedies and complaint filing deadlines vary by program or incident.
We invite and ENCOURAGE all individuals in the Hood River area to participate in our activities, meals, many program offerings and also building rentals for personal use, business training & meetings, and cultural events.
– GIVING OPPORTUNITIES –
As a non-profit organization we survive on
CORPORATE GIVING OPPORTUNITIES
VOLUNTEERS – WITHOUT OUR VOLUNTEERS, WE SIMPLY COULD NOT OPERATE !
• Reception, the 1st point of contact with the public as our receptionist and greeter.
• Dedicated drivers that come in faithfully each week, using their own vehicle & fuel to deliver hot, fresh meals to our home-bound clients.
Our home delivered meals program includes: Hood River, Odell, Parkdale, Dee, Pine Grove, and Oak Grove. Dedicated volunteers deliver on a daily schedule. We welcome more volunteers.
• Thrift Store worker-bees, greeting the public, intake and sorting, cleaning & sales.
• Prepare meals & desserts for our Meals on Wheels and also in-house lunch program Mon-Fri.
• Exercise, health and project teachers.
• Serve on board, actively participating in all aspects of the Center such as PR & Marketing, Fundraising, Budget & Finance, Membership, Building grounds & maintenance.